Something you’d see in a Montgomery Ward catalogue in the ‘50s and ‘60s, the original Res-O-Glas model was the weapon of choice for many blues players of the time, including JB Hutto to whom this model is often attributed. Since then, musicians such as Jack White, PJ Harvey, Calexico and more have discovered the charms and unique character of these original Airlines.
Updated for the modern working musician, this machine introduces all the right touches in all the right places. In this modern improvement upon our roots, the fragile Res-O-Glas body of the sixties model is upgraded to a tone-chambered mahogany to offer lasting quality while maintaining it’s famous resonant tones. You want iconic Valco style in a stage and studio-ready guitar? Look no further.
- Body: Tone Chambered Mahogany
- Pickups: 2 Airline Vintage Voiced Single Coil
- Switching: 3-Way, Vintage Switchplate
- Controls: Volume, 2 Tone, 1 Master Volume
- Bridge: Tune-O-Matic, Custom Chrome Tail
- Neck: Bound Maple, Bolt-on
- Finger Board: Pau Ferro, Block Markers
- Scale Length: 25 1/2″ (648mm)
- Width at the Nut: 1 11/16″
- Hardware: Tune-O-Matic, Custom Chrome Tail
- Strings: D’Addario #10
- Unique Features: Rubber Body Binding, Tone Pros Bridge
Artists who play this guitar: